Submit your film to the 31st Leeds International Film Festival
The world’s first moving images were shot in Leeds in 1888 by Louis le Prince. Today Leeds is a major centre for film production and exhibition. A qualifying event for the BAFTAs and the Oscars, Leeds International Film Festival is a national celebration of global filmmaking culture.
LIFF is a portal for discovery of the real world of filmmaking that exists beyond regular film exhibition. LIFF primarily supports outstanding new talent and established talent that has not received deserved exposure in the UK. LIFF considers narrative, documentary and animated films, in feature-length and short formats, in multiple genres and from all countries.
We are now accepting submissions via FilmFreeway and Withoutabox. Please note our final deadline for submissions is earlier this year, on Monday 31st July.
LIFF is a qualifying film festival for the Oscars® and BAFTAs
The winners of LIFF’s Louis le Prince International Short Film Competition and World Animation Competition may be submitted to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences for consideration for nominations for the Live Action and Animated Short Film categories of the Oscars® respectively. Any British short film selected by LIFF may be submitted to the British Academy of Film & Television Arts for consideration for nominations for the British Short Film category of the BAFTAs.
Audience & Jury Awards of the 30th Leeds International Film Festival
LIFF presents audience awards for fiction and documentary features and short films, and seven national and international jury awards with total cash prizes of £4,500. The full list of audience and jury awards from the 30th Leeds International Film Festival is as follows:
• LIFF30 Audience Awards Leeds Audience Award for Best New Feature: Mindhorn (Sean Foley, UK)
• Leeds Short Film Audience Award: Spring Jam (Ned Wenlock, New Zealand)
• Dead Shorts Audience Award: Death Metal (Chris McInroy, USA, 2016)
LIFF30 Jury Awards
• Louis le Prince International Short Film Competition – cash prize £1,000: The Silence (Farnoosh Samadi & Ali Asgar, France, Italy)
• World Animation Competition – cash prize £1,000: The Bald Future (Paul Cabon, France)
• British Short Film Competition – cash prize £1,000: Jacked (Rene Pannevis, UK)
• Yorkshire Short Film Competition – cash prize £500: Blue Grey (Zoe Kinross, UK)
• Leeds International Screendance Competition – cash prize £500: Diving Into Your Absence (Concha Vidal, Spain)
• Leeds International Music Video Competition: Elliot Moss- Pattern Repeating (HochR, Norway)
• The Dark Owls International Fantasy Short Film Competition: The Man Who Caught a Mermaid (Kaitlin Tinker, Australia)
Find some info about pde5 inhibitors at this web site